Neighborhood Teardown

This house on my block is scheduled for demolition. This type of teardown has become a common occurance in our community. Hopefully a tastefully designed home will rise from the wreckage of the old house. I am also departing from my traditional film based photography in favor of digital in order to be more timely in my postings.

Name:
Location: City by the Lake, Illinois, United States

Just a regular guy wandering the many paths of life. I'm trying to document part of these travels through my photography and also express my creativity through woodworking and building things.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

The backhoe is here.


It looks like demolition is just around the corner. This backhoe appeared to do some underground utility work.
Copyright E. Mac 2005

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

This is a perfectly lovely little home. Look at the eyebrow window. I'm always amazed that people would tear something like this down and build what will probably be a monstrosity that is out of scale for the lot and the neighborhood. Amazing.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home